In keeping with the duties stated in the laws related to the protection of private information, such as the Private Information Protection Law, and guidelines of the Competent Minister, Glico Nutrition Co., Ltd. (hereinafter “the company”) is working to protect the private information of its customers through the following policies. Campaigns or specific services may have different privacy policies, so please be sure to read those as well.
1. Collection of Private Information
When gathering information on customers, the company will do so through reasonable means. In addition, the company will not use the information for purposes other than those previously agreed to by the customer (excluding purposes required by law). Please note that phone calls to the company may be recorded to confirm the content of the calls.
2. Management of Private Information
The company manages the private information of its customers appropriately and strives to prevent any external leakage of that data. In addition, the company is also taking reasonable and appropriate safety measures to prevent the loss, destruction and alteration of private information due to unauthorized access. There are cases where the company outsources the handling of private information to external companies. In these cases, the company will manage and supervise the outsourcing company and ensure the appropriate handling of customer information through outsourcing contracts and other measures.
3. Use of Private Information
The company uses the information gathered on its customers for the following purposes:
- To inform the customer of online and mail sales and campaigns
- To confirm the purchase of products and their delivery
- To ask the customer to fill in questionnaires on the company’s products and services
- To gather entries for campaigns, events and questionnaires, and to deliver prizes and rewards to participants
- To deliver mail magazines
- To ask for the opinion of the customers in order to improve the company’s products and services
- To provide customers with accurate information regarding special services and new products
- To reply to inquiries from customers The company will take appropriate care when using customer information it has gathered in order to protect the rights of the customer. Furthermore, the company will not use the customer information for purposes other than those outlined above without the permission of the customer. (Excluding cases where the customer has given prior consent or it is required by law.)
4. Shared Use of Private Information
In order to respond to requests from customers, the company may share customer information with group companies within a necessary scope. In these cases, the company will take responsibility for the management of the private information.
5. Provision, Disclosure, Correction of Private Information and Suspension of Use
The company will not provide private information to third parties, expect in the following cases:
- When the customer has consented to disclosing or sharing their private information to a third party.
- When an official legal inquiry has been received from an official institution, such as a court or the police.
- When the actions of a customer on the company’s website may damage the company’s rights, property or services, and it has been judged to be necessary to protect them.
- When the information is urgently needed to physically protect people or protect assets, and the receiving consent from the user is difficult.
- When sharing the information with group companies within a necessary scope in order to respond to requests from customers.
The company will provide customers with notification of the disclosure and purpose of use of their data where required in line with legal requirement. Please note that due to the policy of the company, the costs of disclosing the information will be born by the customer. After receiving a request from the customer to correct the information held or to suspend use, after confirming that the request has come from the actual customer concerned as legally required, the company will investigate the matter and make the corrections or suspend use without delay.
6. Maintenance of Internal Systems
Cookies are used on certain pages of this website. Cookies are a technology for communicating between the website’s server and the browser. Through Cookies, the browser the customer is using can be identified, but this does not identify the private information of the customer.
With Cookies, the user’s viewing history of the company’s website is recorded, making using the internet more beneficial. Cookies are widespread as a standard technology of the internet, and are used by many sites for the purpose of improving customer convenience, displaying advertising to customers and collecting statistics.
When using services provided by the company’s business partners, the information obtained from using Cookies is reported as aggregated results to the company and its business partners. The reports include customers viewing data, and based on this information, the company’s advertising may be delivered to customers on other sites that they view.
By changing the Cookie settings themselves, customers can block cookies. However, by blocking cookies, the user may become unable to use some of the services on the site. Furthermore, depending on the customer’s usage environment (browser settings, internet connection), it may not be possible block cookies in some cases.